Thursday, February 9, 2012

Etsy

The next best thing after Pinterest? Etsy! I stumbled upon this web site when looking through event inspiration boards and they had a link to it. So what IS Etsy? Simply put, it's a place where you can buy different things- cupcake flags, clothing, make-up, hand made invitations, etc. I love going on there and finding different things to use for my events and parties. For instance, I found cute green and red polka dot cupcake liners and printable cupcake toppers for the Christmas party my parents and I threw over winter break. Most recently I purchased eyeshadows that are vegan, therefore, being healthy and not harmful to the skin.

So what is the difference between Etsy and say purchasing something on Ebay, Amizon or at a regular store? Etsy's prices are low and so is the shipping. Most of the people selling their items hand made them or created them themselves. Ultimately, their goal is for people to discover their business' site, therefore, keeping prices relatively low. If you buy something that's "printable", they simply e-mail you a link to where you can print the item. No waiting for it to arrive in the mail. So easy!

Etsy is a great place to find unique items that may not be available elsewhere. So happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment