Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Anti-Valentine's Day Plans
Just because you are single on Valentine's Day doesn't mean that you cannot enjoy yourself. Some call it singles awareness day, but this year I like to refer to it as anti-valentine's day. Now, I LOVE Valentine's Day because it's not only a sexy holiday but it's full of my favorite color pink and my favorite thing in the world-chocolate.
This year, after 2 years of spending Valentine's Day with a boyfriend, I am single and spending it with another newly single girlfriend to keep each other's company and have some fun. Our plans? I'll keep that a secret but here are some ideas for you and your girls to keep in mind....
1. Hit up the mall. Every girl loves to go shopping and this year Bath and Body Works is having a Valentine's Day celebration on Saturday, Feb. 11th. Sample new fragrances, get a special gift with a purchase, enter a contest to go to Hawaii, and vote for your favorite fragrance. For event details, visit their site: http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=3782179&sr=1&origkw=valentine
2. Watch "Sex and The City." Episodes, the movies, doesn't matter. I know it's cliche but it is one of my favorite shows. I can watch it over and over again. There's nothing like seeing others deal with the same problems you have to make you feel better.
3. Stop by your local cupcake shop. Since cupcakes are the new 'thing', there are small shops all over the place. They're mini cakes that do the trick when craving something sweet. Grab one or a dozen to share with friends.
4. Hit up the local bar. I know this is tacky but dancing and drinking with girlfriends will take your mind off boys and Valentine's Day. (just don't get wasted and make sure to have a DD) A lot of places have singles nights for Valentine's Day as well as karaoke and happy hour specials.
5. Go see a movie. "The Vow" is coming out just in time for Valentine's Day and who can say no to seeing Channing Tatum on the big screen?? Don't have the money for a movie? Rent one or watch one for free online. There are a lot of movies that will cheer you up. Whether it be "Valentine's Day" or "I Hate Valentine's Day", "The Notebook" or "A Walk To Remember", these are the perfect films to cope with this holiday.
6. Have a sleepover. Combine all of these things and end the night gossiping and eating popcorn like it's middle school all over again. Watch a scary movie to take the edge off or make some snacks and play truth or dare. A pajama jam might just be what you need.
You don't need a partner to enjoy Valentine's Day! Spend it with family or friends, just not alone. Spending it alone will just make it more depressing. Come up with some ideas and see if a girlfriend or two are down to join you.